Snacks before bedtime
A healthy and restful sleep depends largely on what we ate before it. In addition, it affects the refinement of our figure. This does not mean that we shouldn’t eat anything before bedtime at all. You should carefully choose foods for snacks, a preference for light low-calorie dinner.
The most suitable products for this purpose are those which contain the amino acid tryptophan. They will help the organism to produce niacin and serotonin. This hormone is able to relieve stress and positively affect sleep and appetite.
Bananas will be an excellent choice. They contain potassium, an essential mineral that is needed for a deep and good sleep. They also contain the desired tryptophan, which helps to fall asleep faster.
Among the products containing serotonin there are poultry meat, oatmeal and honey. It will be useful to include these foods into the evening menu. In addition, I’d like to offer several options for snacks.
– 1/4 cup of oatmeal, 1 banana (can be whipped into a puree and added to the porridge) – 147 calories;
– 1/2 cup of oatmeal with 3/4 cup of skim milk – 156 calories;
– 170 g of fat-free yogurt and 1/8 cup of granola – 160 calories;
– a slice of whole-grain bread and 14 g of grated cheese – 136 calories;
– whole-grain flat cake with three small slices of turkey – 140 calories.